Polyurethane spray foam is applied on the cracks and inside of the structure which later expands 30 times it original volume. This forms a hard rock like structure which provides protection form leakages and extra insulation. One good thing about polyurethane is that it is light weight which is really negligible on the standing structure.
After the application of the spray a second layer of protective elastomeric coating is applied which provides a proper shield against weather hazards.
The Benefits of Polyurethane Spray Foam
The benefits of the spray foam spray are many. You will find many buildings and structures using these spray instead of old and outdated practices of keeping structure cool and durable in every weather situation. There is a list of benefits which we are going to discuss below:
- It stops the moisture from air from creeping in and damaging the structure.
- As it is a protective layer it will provide significant resistant to any type of water creeping inside the foundation or inside the concrete work.
- The guards provided by polyurethane spray will make your homes stronger and more comfortable.
- More importantly with the insulation it provides it will save energy which will ultimately reduce your energy related bills.
- Polyurethane spray foam has the highest R-value per inch (approx. 6.0 per 1 inch) when compared to other similar materials.
- These spray foam also reflects the UV rays and heat from the sun. It can reduce the temperature inside your homes to up to 4 degrees.
- Lastly it is long term which will not slump and provide protection from pollen and dust. This will eventually lead to less maintenance which will save unnecessary expenses.